Friday, November 11, 2011

Thankful

11/11/11- What a date!  On this day we, as a nation, say thank you to all the men and women in the armed forces (and their families who sacrifice hugs and kisses and contact with their loved ones).  We celebrate them with parades in towns and cities across the country.  How many of us wait until a day like today to give their gratitude and thanks?  We should be giving thanks 365 days a year.

This date also marks the end of Scott's and my first week at our new jobs.  Things are looking up!  It just makes me realize how grateful I am for the blessings in our lives.  I know I need to learn to count the blessings I have and not worry about what I don't have.

We are blessed with a beautiful family, healthy children and the freedom to express ourselves.  To have a voice in the world.  Everything else is just icing on the cake.  

Have you expressed your gratitude today or counted your blessings?

No comments:

Post a Comment